1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am stitching.....

Hey everyone these are my blocks so far..........I have been stitching in one colour..........navy blue DMC 930..........I am loving all the stitching.........very much in the groove at the moment as I also have a couple of bugs stitched too........they got me started.....you know a quick achievement.....gave me that "feel good" moment............
I need to cut all my fabrics so i can piece these into a block........ 
and last night off I went and traced another block....... accidentally traced the wrong one............yep had a blond moment.........anyway I should be able to finish this one tonight or in the morning......and since I updated the "plan of attack" on the sidebar last night I will be 1 stitchery ahead for block B in October............
Better go trace another block for tomorrow nights TV............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

11 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Its going to look so good stitched in the blue! We all get a 'buzz' when we have finished a stitchery...just imagine the 'buzz' with our finished quilts!lol!
Lisa

By Hoki Quilts said...

Monochrome sounds and looks good Chookyblue, due you intend to stick to one hue for the pieced blocks too? It's going to be so interesting to see everyones quilts finished - all the same but oh so different : )
hugs - Miche'le

Leisa said...

I see someone else is stitching in red. Makes the stitching much quicker too. Have you chosen your fabrics yet? .... those blue pens still scare me !!!!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Your stitcheries are looking fantastic - love the navy blue you've chosen. I tossed up about stitching in one colour, but decided to do the multi colour cos they just look so pretty! :0) Happy Stitching - Bear Hugs! KRIS

Grethe said...

Never seen the GJ do in blue. Looks stunning!
Glad to know I will be seeing the finished quilt :0)
Happy Stitching.

Yvette said...

I really like the one color look!

This is so fun watching everyone in their different phases of getting this quilt together.

Khris78 said...

I love the blue it looks great!!!!
Well done on getting ahead as well :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great in just navy... Can't wait to see your fabrics. Are they blue too ???

Sofia Amaral M. said...

I love the stitch only a blue:)
Have a nice week-end!
Sofia

Jytte R said...

I love the blue stitching. So many different ways to sew the same. Glad to see that you have found time to sew anything yourself. Just coming home I realize how happy I am to follow this group of so many motivated stitchers.
Jytte R

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great idea to do GJ as a blue work quilt, looking forward to seeing how it looks.