1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stitching done and decisions made.


I have finished my stitching for Block G ( you can only see the watering the garden stitchery but the bird bath is done as well). I have spent way too much time agonising over which fabric to use. If I had the time I could make a whole variety of colour ways but I have finally decided that I will use Garden Party. I know others are using it too - but I just think that it is perfect for this quilt. Mine may turn out more scrappy because I am using a layer cake, so I have some interesting times ahead trying to figure out the cutting. I do have some scraps as well so I should have no problems with yardage. I have actually started stitching a little bit ahead but now I have made my fabric choice I can start putting the block together.
Kayly suggested that I use an older Robyn Pandolph line - Sentimental Journey. I definately have enough in my stash and I am sure that it would have looked lovely too. But I like the tiny prints in the Garden Party range and the layer cake was a birthday gift so it seems the right choice this time. Now to get things under way.
Lynda ( bettsylyn)

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh just dive in and start cutting.........I should do mine tonight too.......
garden party will be lovely........maybe cut your bigger pieces first......

Grethe said...

Then we will be two of a kind, but
I think we are more. For me it is due to a sad fact that I did not get the fabric I ordered! Anyway the Garden Party is really nice. Looking forward to seeing yours.
Happy Stitching :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely choice Lynda. Now back to the sewing machine!!!

Satu said...

Hi Lynda, I'm using the layer cake bites too --- from Garden Party. But I added some other fabrics while I cutted the pieces. Now it's interesting to see your first block pieced together.

Yvette said...

Beautiful fabric! Just do it!

Seams Sew Together said...

I Love your fabrics they are gorgeous!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely material. I have finally started stitching. I'll do a post some time this week. Hopefully, by the weekend, I will have caught up with the April work and can begin on the May.
Mama Bear