1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Block A's done and dusted!

Yes that's right, I'm still keeping up to date. Block A is now complete Yey!
A couple of minor alterations to suit the jelly roll and charm pack I'm using but all in all it looks pretty much the same. So now it's onwards to Block C!
Cheerio
Jo

15 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

way to go Jo......love your fabrics and yes I put the next block as the 3rd one to get it over and done with and it has lots of stitching........now you can get a head start if you want.........lol.....sidebar updated........

Kylie said...

Looks fantastic Jo - I just have to finish of the Potting Shed and I will be able to finish off the block as well. Block G is also done - I must post some photos.

Dawn said...

Wow...Looks Great Jo... love the fabrics.. I am almost there after starting a bit late..
Hugs Dawn xx

Seams Sew Together said...

Love it Jo, your fabrics are pretty.

Mandy

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love it!!! Fantastic job!

Helen said...

Looking good Jo....its nice to be ahead of the plan.

Helen

Grethe said...

Hurray,your block looks so lovely !
Nice this fabrics you use:-)

Anonymous said...

Good Girl Jo! Your fabrics look just lovely. Now on to your next one.....

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks great!
Mine is almost together. Picture this: I'm sitting at my machine. The first strip with the potting shed is done and most of the pieces that go with the weather van are done. I'm frantically reading and looking but I can't find where it tells me about those border strips around the vane. Nothing I have cut fits. Well, I must have been tired at that point because it too a while for that light bulb to come on and send me back to the cutting guide and those extra pieces. Duh!
Its all in the game, I guess.
Blessings and happy stitchin'
Mama Bear

Noela said...

I love the fabrics you are using Jo. The stitchery is lovely too.

Jo in TAS said...

Thanks everyone, I forgot to tick the email follow up comments block so I could reply to you all!
Cheerio
Jo
xxx

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

your block is looking wonderful = way to go JO!!

Margaret said...

I can't add anything to the other comments other than to say it's looking very good.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well done Jo...looking good.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Looking really good Jo! I have just seen quite a few finished blocks and am feeling SO very guilty...MUST get stitching!
Lisa