1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Just Couldn't Help Myself

So, here's the deal... the machine was running without a hitch, dinner was made and cooking in the oven, the housework would have still been there the following day and as for the dust, well I can rearrange it any old time.  So I just sat and sewed and sewed and look what happened.   Wahoo, just two more blocks to go (actually one and a half left but I just got 'over' the piddly 1 1/2" squares for a while).  It's so exciting seeing the whole thing come together and I'm even letting it talk gently to me about how it wants to be quilted.
By the way, do you remember ages ago when I pieced a block upside down?  Well, I never did fix it and I don't think it looks that bad. Can you find it? Does it look OK?
cheers
Miche'le

15 comments:

FIONA said...

Great work Michele! I can't even spot an upside down block and it doesn't matter anyway! Well done!

Anita said...

Looks fantastic!!

suzitee said...

You must be jumping up and down with excitement! It looks SOOOOOO great...WOW!!!
I feel your pain with the tiny squares...hee hee...they are a bit time consuming.
You'll be itching to finish now, I bet.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Look fantastic. Still got time to make another lol

Love Bears All Things said...

I don't see any thing. And don't you just love the way it looks all put together. I have two blocks left too and mine is handing in the studio. I'm thinking about my borders. Let us know how you decide to quilt it.
Mama Bear

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow... amazing... and weell done.. I wish it was I that had it finished.. but I am still struggling with my first block..:O)))

Grethe said...

Can`t find it! Not even with my glasses+the magnifying glass!!!
I think it looks GREAT. Be happy that you have come this far,Lucky you :0)

By Hoki Quilts said...

OK - you are all so lovely for being so shortsighted, LOL. Check out the top left corner, the shed should be the first stitchery - ho hum!

Helen said...

Well done Miche'le it looks fantastic, great fabrics.

Helen

Jytte R said...

It looks fantastic. You have done a great job.

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh yeh I know it is in block A but there is nothing wrong with that.......makes your quilt unique........someone else did the same thing.....

Lee said...

Love, love, love your colors. I am finished and trying to decide on quilting???

Nicky said...

It looks STUNNING - I bet you won't be able to stop yourself now, till it's all done and dusted. Great work Miche'le

Sammy said...

Looks great -!!!

Well done.

-Samya :-)

Pepe said...

Wonderfull! I like when quilt come up together and you can quilt and bilding them, it's so zen! Lucky you!