1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

planning 2011.........

Many of you have said you will miss the group blog once finished the quilt........I have really enjoyed it too........swamped occasionally but thats ok I caught up and your very patient......
...so I have been looking and thinking for ages what if anything we could/would go onto.....we have discussed the subject a few times......... 
Really it has to be what I want to do otherwise the blog doesn't continue..............
It has to be stitchery, not expensive to get the pattern and I have to love it...............well I am pretty sure I found the solution and was so excited about showing you this week........

.......BUT it is raining at my house and now I won't get mail until I get to town.........with the rain forecast I will be lucky to get mail delivered Friday week...........one HUGE disadvantage of living on dirt roads.............
%%%


Anyway hopefully very soon I can share the 2011 project.........we won't start until Feb/March...so you will have heaps of time to get organised if you choose to join me......you may decide you don't like what I have chosen and that is fine......we can work all that out later.............I have some serious work to do on my GJ quilt and once I get the secret santa projects out of the way I can get back to GJ stitching.........
.....I will be seeing Anni at Girls Day in the Country in March and my Gardener's journal HAS to be finished by then...........


Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

12 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds good to me...Where is the Day in the Country?

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oooo, getting excited here, how about a hint? Just a little one
pretty please???
hugs
Miche'le

Jo in TAS said...

Oh geez I have some catching up to do before then! So can you tell us whose the designer is of this next project?

Khris78 said...

That sounds exciting :) I too have lots to catch up on, but hey whats another project to add to the list :)

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I still need to catch up on lots of stitching but that is what December is for isn't it? Yes, the plan is to get it done by March - we can do it.

Sylvia said...

It is a good idea to continue the group blog idea as it has been very motivating. I am so tempted to do Anni's new Garden BOM which is gorgeous. Sadly it is more applique than stitching so that might not work.

collettakay said...

I've been watching and waiting for the new project as I just found this last month and was not about to try to catch-up.

I will be anxiously awaiting the "big reveal"!

Satu said...

Oj, it sounds SOOO good! I have enjoyed this group a LOT!!! I have also surprised myself, because I have finished all blocks in schedule... it's all because of support this group! It would be nice to do some applique too...

FIONA said...

Great idea Chooky! OK - spill the beans on the Girls Day in the Country! And I would love to continue with this - it has been great!!

Lolastitchida said...

Oh I would seriously love to continue this with a new project. Not even one little hint? I definitely want in on it, it has been so much fun and so well-organized by you. Better get to work to get your GJ Quilt finished by March!

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Doesn't the postman own a boat out your way? You'd think he'd at least own the mud equivalent of snow shoes. Darn Australia Post!
I'm with Bettslyn - December is definately for catching up.
And Satu is just a smarty pants for getting the blocks done on time. ;-) Big Smiley face, Satu. (Just good old Aussie stirring.) I started off good and then slipped a bit.
Looking forward to hearing what the next project might be.

Anita said...

Hmmm.....March......maybe I'll have done another block by then LOL LOL
Can't wait to see what you have chosen!!