1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, September 23, 2011

SAL Updated Again...

It's my turn to do the updating and lots of people have been busy!! I can see some great quilt tops that are ALMOST finished!!

Do we need to do a count down until the end of the month for our TTS??

Who feels like they have fallen off the wagon - so to speak?

Is there a rule that you can't start the next SAL until you've finished the previous one?

I have my 2nd TTS quilt all pieced and ready for borders. I just have to find that motivation. Not sure where it's gone really!!


Anyways, the SAL is updated again. Give me a yell if I've missed anyone on here.


It's HOLIDAY time here when Master 6 gets home from school this afternoon. So excited about no uniforms, early bus times, packed lunches etc. YIPPEE!!


Happy Holidays!!

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Its Friday here also....no I haven't fallen off the wagon. I started to work on my blocks, getting them sewn together. Started with the wall hanging and ended up taking the stitches out twice because I had arranged it wrong. Then I made those points for the bottom, pinned them on and basted them. Cut out the backing for that but didn't sew it on yet. I promise I'll try to do more on the TTS project tomorrow.
Mama Bear
Sammie here.

~Marica~ said...

I had done 4 more block and stitching on my last three but hope to get borders around them this weekend..and then sew them together :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Marica

Susan said...

I vote NO to that rule about not starting the next project before you finish the last one!! Really enjoying seeing your finished quilts, girls!

Kris said...

*sigh* Pretty sure a countdown is neccessary here, but not sure it will make any difference! Lol! I am going to focus on it over the next five (five?) days.