1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wonders will never cease...

three of my favourite things
... I have started!!! I am so excited! I decided to go with 1930's fabrics the second after reading that that's what Chookyblue was going to do. (Not copying, just recognising a great decision the instant I see it!) I have a bunch of 30's fabrics in my stash so I wouldn't even need to buy any! (My Bradley was soooo proud of me.) Sat down to begin this morning (December 29, not last minute at all. I was busy, so busy, till today.) and realised that I would probably need a few background fabrics for the applique and stitching. Oh. (How I had not gleaned that from reading everyone's posts I don't know.) So, I googled patchwork shops to find out which one would be open today and then bought great background fabrics. I'm very happy now that I have a plan. Oh. And since this is "My Favourite Things Quilt", I am going to include some of my favourite things. (I love Anni, but our favourite things don't all coincide!) And since I don't actually like cakes I thought a trio of some of my other favourite things might suffice. Wish me luck! I'm late, but I'm working on it!!!

Kris from Rosemaryhill.

4 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

Good idea Kris, I'm going to try to draw a few new items for my favourite things too. Tracee xx

Fiona said...

will be lovely.. you will catch up in no time...
Hugz

Susan said...

Kris, I couldnt agree more - where is "a good drop (of wine)", music and a few others I could think of?? They might just make an appearance in my quilt. Funny about not worrying about your background. Sometimes its just the obvious things that escape our busy minds.
Have fun with your "adaptations" (and there is always printable fabric to help us be creative!)

Chookyblue...... said...

oh great minds think alike.........LOL........will be lovely to see another on in 1930's........i've added a few others in and I have gone with just a cream for all the block backgrounds.........can't wait to see your progress.......I have started cutting now need to get the applique sorted and sewn down..........