1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, February 26, 2012

All Caught Up......

Finally I'm all caught up, for 3 days I even slightly ahead! My bottom borders are done but not visable hanging over the skirt hanger behind my cake block.




Of course, there were dramas - the furballs did fly in the Quilt Kitty household. I always cut my blocks bigger than specified but one Friday night I must have been very taken with Midsummer Murders as my ice cream cone finished up on a very definate angle. In order to cut out a fairly straight block I ended up with a 10 inch high block rather than 10.5 inches. So after careful thought while lying awake in the dark later that night I came up with a solution that didn't mean starting that block again. I trimmed a bit here & there and added another row of 1 inch blocks between my coffee cup & book blocks. Problem solved & now I cut my blocks with even more excess!

My coffee cup block is actually the hot chocolate block but as I prefer coffee to hot chocolate so I made another change. I think it is easy to see why this is my favourite block to date. Purrrrfect!


Here's my book block too. I pondered long & hard on which book to portray but couldn't come up with one I knew I would be happy to still be looking at in 10 years time. Being a total readaholic to the point where it interferes with my sewing, I thought of just titling it 'To All The Books I've Loved Before......'. However a kitty reference prevailed and I settled for The Cat Who in deference to the cosy mystery series of 29 books by Lilian Jackson Braun which featured two Siamese cats Koko & Yum Yum who helped their owner to solve crime in their small town.


Quick Chooky - mark me off for December, January & February at last! I can't believe it's nearly March already, roll on winter.

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful, love your piece of cake and your kitty coffee mug :)

FloS said...

Beautiful blocks !!
I love the Lilian Jackson Braun books too !!! I've read them all !!
Florence

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Well done they look fantastic

Susan said...

Its great to see all the personalisation - lucky it was jsut too short for that black - its harder when it ends up too narrow . . I also struggled with only one book - so mine is title-less.

Susan said...

PS. I DO love your coffee mug!

Anne Heidi said...

Your blocks are lovely, I really like the fabrics you are using!

Fiona said...

so pretty and well fixed with the ice cream cone....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Tracee.........your blocks look wonderful..........