1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slowly making progress

I  finished the ice cream from Feb's to do list in January
last night I finally got the time to
do the prep work for the

'Hot chocolate'
and
'A good book'

I managed to get the applique on both
done with just the feature stitching left

Today I managed to get the prep work done for March's
block's

'Home' and 'Flowers'

and the remaining blocks are all traced onto freezer paper
and cut out, makes it much easier for me to
keep on track.

I have decided just to keep going with the quilt
until its done, it keeps my mind and hands busy
with no real time to dwell on the big scary stuff that
is happening within my immediate family :(

Hope thats ok Chooky and Kris

I'll post pics as soon as Feb's blocks are
finished (hopefully tomorrow)

Kate xxx

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

whatever keeps your life functioning at the moment Kate......

Susan said...

It doesnt sound like its good stuff at all, but hopefully the sewing will be a bit of distraction. Sending you a big hug!

suzitee said...

Big hugs from me! Sewing is a great distraction:)