1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wow...how time flies!

My Thimble has not been so Nimble lately!  I have to apologize.  I was fixed on hand quilting it, however I have lost that determination!  I have had the top finished since last May so off to my favorite 'long-arm' quilter friend it went!  I am so happy and relieved I made that decision.  Now for the binding...that is another story.  You see...my Mom (best friend, sister I never had and daughter I never had....get the picture?  We did everything together!) passed away and not only am I lost with out her but we were a team with our quilting and she did ALL the bindings.  As silly as it sounds this is something new for me. I will get it done though...Chooky's gentle push (email) has helped me to get going on it. 

I have been reading the posts left on the SAL blog and I thank you ALL for your inspiration!  Chooky has also reminded me that this is what it's all about.  I promise my TTS will be posted very soon!  Seeing my name on the sidebar is just not acceptable either!  LOL

Holly

4 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mum passing. Of course you are lost without her & no doubt avoiding those things that make the memories that much stronger, like quilting. Don't push yourself too hard. I'm sure eventually binding time will become a special time when you sit quietly stitching & think of all the happy quilting times with mum. Best wishes, Tracee xx

Love Bears All Things said...

I can certainly understand your feelings as both my parents have gone home....It is hard....hopefully as you do the binding, you can stitch memories into it....this will help..
And you'll have a finish which will remind you of the time you shared whenever you get it out for holidays...Best wishes,
Mama Bear

Lolastitchida said...

Holly - We will get together and have a binding party real soon! I would love to help you!
Hugs,
Lori

Kris said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Glad to see though that you did the binding! She would be proud of you I'm sure. Oh. And your name is still on the sidebar, but now it says "quilt", congratulations on your finish!