1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yikes...the whip!!!

Phew...I am almost there!  I have worked really hard to make progress while I am on my summer break.  I even packed them up and brought them to Australia with me while I was on vacation there.  And I did find time...early, early in the morning I was up and sitting out with my stitching and listening to all the wonderful birds and the roar of the ocean!  What a trip that was...most of you reading this live in Australia and I want to say to you all 'what a wonderful country you live in'. 
I am back now and ready to cut strips and get them all joined up.  I am really trying my best to make the August end deadline!  I am working on a 'dog' block versus the 'cat' block as I dont have a cat, just a cute little dog named Noni. Also I am finishing up the sewing block...I love it.  I will post those two as soon as they are finished.  I have two weeks to get my quilt done then I am back to work. 
More to come but I have to charge up my camera first.

5 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful work and fabrics!!! I too changed my cat to a dog.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

lovely blocks,well done.xx

Susan said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Australia - and if you were next to the ocean - you saw the best part. the blocks so far look great.

FloS said...

Beautiful blocks !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

looking good..........glad the holiday went well........we sure do live in a wonderful country........