1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, October 21, 2012

travelling.............

I'm back.............
Wow did I leave a good whip cracker in the job...............Susan has been right on the job.............keeping the blog going while I was away.........thanks heaps...........most appreciated........she found lots of great whip pics...lol......and there was 28 posts but still lots of you to finish and/or share your progress...........
only one thing...........we have 65 girl in the SKofW SAL...........we had closer to 80 but some have dropped out over time.............the other 20 have been past SAL girls who were finishing up..........hence why Susan would have thought we had 100 (we were full)  blogger has a maximun number on 100 members and I always kept one free spot...................
so the tally looks like this
Starters 64 63
Finished to date 10
Tops to date 14
&&&
congrats to SandyN who got her SKofW to top stage and Clare who finished............
Also the GJ girls have a move on.......this is wonderful........Beth has a top and Sheryl finished her quilt.........
&&&&
Since i have been travelling playing tourist for the week I thought I would share my suit case............
OMG just realised I haven't attached my Chookyblue luggage tag to my suitcase...........
HHHMMMMM better work something out there..............
I was seriously running out of time so i did my letters with the sewing machine alphabet ..........I have places I have been to - Western Samoa and GDITC -Girls Day in the Country (a blog meeting event where the idea to start Gardener's Journal came from) and places I want to go to - Norway, Canada and NZ New Zealand..........you can see it better in real life.............
Also you can see some of the quilting.............
SO I must get out to the chook shed and cut the binding.............it was TOOOOOOO hot yesterday and I was to tired from lack of sleep..........
&&&&&
anyway enough of me back to you.........
10 sleeps
I do hope you are all working very hard this weekend.....
.....we need to see some more progress......
......come on you can do it.......
Keep Stitching............
Chookyblue...........

6 comments:

FloS said...

I love your violet suitcase !!!
Florence

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Lovely suitcase...and you want to come to Canada...my kind of girl. Be sure to come to Toronto!

Anonymous said...

cute suitcase chooky,well done and welcome back.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Weclome back Chooky, looking forward to seeing your completed quilt. hugs

Susan said...

Welcome back Chooky - guess my emails will drop off soon - so many every day!! YOu were right in how I guessed we had 100 starters - at least the stats look better now they are corrected, though not nearly good enough - come on girls, get cracking! I have just handed over my quilt top to be quilted but still have binding and a few embellishments to go - might need a day off so I sneak it in...

Susie said...

Looks great Chooky - like the idea of doing the letters on your machine!