1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, November 3, 2012

I got more done last night ...

... but it was really only prep-work, lol!


I decided to use last night's Friday Night with Friends to get a modicum of prep done for my SKoW quilt, if only to get the ball rolling.  Lol!  I got a lot more done than I expected, though it still looks like not very much, lol!  


I started by laying out my current finished blocks on the mat, and cut out the remaining bases for my blocks.  I am pretty happy with the layout I have here, though my perfectionist streak tells me that the value percentages are all haywire, lol!!

I have pinned a label onto each block so I know exactly what they are for ... and then pinned each row together from top to bottom as I did the pellon earlier in the week.


I was also able to push through and get six blocks prepped for their needle turn, adding in the stitchery details with my micron pen so I don't have to go back and draw that up once the appliqué is done ... it's all ready to go.

Clockwise from top left : "A good book to read", "Birdsong in the morning", "Family",
"Butterflies fluttering", "Sunshine on my face", "Presents to share"
So, six blocks ready to get stuck into ... the rest of the blocks cut, ready to be prepped once these are done.  I am hoping to get as much of these six done as soon as I can since I was asked by a close friend if I would redo the (pathetic!!!) hand quilting on the quilts she purchased online for her girls - that's three single bed quilts, requested in two weeks!! LOL!  At least she's said she's prepared to pay me well for it!!  It'll be a big job, just from looking at the photos she sent me!! (I'll get more of a close up tomorrow when we catch up at church).

So, that's where I'm up to ... Seven blocks prepped for their needle turn (I had the hot chocolate block prepped earlier in the week).

Now, to go get some lunch, before getting stuck into some needle turn appliqué ... Oh, and I have floors to clean today too!!!  Better get a move on!!!

6 comments:

Fabric Quilt Shop said...

These are great. Cann't wait to see the finished project.

Love Bears All Things said...

You are very organized. I cut the blocks for each row, drew the embroidery off, embroidered then did the needle turn. After that, I tried to finish that column with the sashing strips before moving on to the next blocks. I know some cut out all their little patchwork pieces at once. Not me, I cut as I go.
I say, whatever works well for you, go for it. Looking forward to seeing your finished pieces.
Mama Bear

Susan said...

Gosh you do have your hands full - but some progress is better than none.

Larissa said...

Thankyou ladies!!! ... Yes, I do have my hands full - especially with all I seem to have to get done this month ahead - but I reckon that if I can limit my internet time, lol, and actually get onto my work earlier, I should be able to get HEAPS more done than I usually do! Hear's to diligence & getting stuck into my work!!! xo

Chookyblue...... said...

keep working away.........don't give up now....each block made me love it more and more........

goodluck with all the quilting......

Susie said...

Its great having the blocks prepped and ready to go isn't it? I find them very tie consuming to prepare and really (suprisingly) quick to stitch. Keep up the great work. Happy Stitching, Susie