1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm finished....just in time for the New Year.......

Wow what a thoroughly enjoyable epic journey with this Some Kind of Wonderful quilt. I would never have made this quilt if it weren't for the Stitch-a-Long group, so I take this opportunity to thank our Chookyblue for the tireless effort I know she puts in for us all......mwah.....thankyou.....

So....here it is......Ta Da..........there's 2 piccies as they both vary and decision making has never been my strongest point!!!! This one looks all quilty........
 ....and this one shows the applique better......
 ...........a close-up of the quilting.....I tried to quilt it as close to Anni's original as I could on my home machine.....the trusty Pfaff.......some vines and the odd flower.......I am happy with the result.....

I am very pleased to have completed this quilt........I would always feel like I had disappointed myself and others, especially Chooky if it remained incomplete for too long.......so I am waltzing into the New Year now.................
Cheers to you all, I have loved following along with everyone's progress.....
Sandy........Shiralee Stitches

7 comments:

Shiralee Stitches said...

Thanks gain Chooky.......

Jindi's Cottage said...

Ta Da indeedy...Congratulations!...It looks fabulous and well done on quilting it on Pfaff...enjoy your new quilt...

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG 2 finishes in one day I am SOOOOOO excited........your quilt is beautiful and you have done such a great job on the quilting yourself.....thanks so much for being part of the SAL....

Fiona said...

Sandy it is fabulous and I love the quilting you have done.... it is a great feeling having it finished...
Hguz

Susan said...

A beautiful quilt and lovely quilting - well done Sandy!

El Blog de Liana said...

It´s so Wonderful.. I love it. I hope I can show my top very soon. I´m working very hard to finish before the end of the year.

Happy New Year.

Thank you Chookyblue

Nicky said...

It is fantastic Sandy, you've made a beautiful job of the quilting too! Congratulations on getting it done........