1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sorry .. but not totally off

Dear friends,

I want to apology because I cannot sew so much since February, due to a personal problems.. that i don't want to explain so much..

It is not and excuse, .. but for me was a little bit the reality, I couldn't sew because my mind was quite blocked after to prepare the blanket stitchery for February blocks, sine then I've not sewed at all.. only a couple of weeks ago I prepared the appliqué for those blocks..

Now Stitchery of January is done,  February blocks are almost finished and I've started with the stitchery of March.

Hope soon I can take some picture to share with you my advance and I can say that I've sewed again.

I always want to tell you that I'm using the BOM from the Home patch .. and it will be the first time i will have the same fabrics as the original have also ..

So Sorry .. but definitively I want to be updated !!

See you soon
Ester




8 comments:

creations.1 said...

You will get them done Ester - plenty of time left in 2015 yet!

Marg said...

I hope things get better and you are able to sew. Take care.

Ester said...

thanks I hope so!!!!

Nays Place said...

Hang in there when your sewing mojo comes back you will get inspiration and support from all of these lovely people - fingers crossed that life will get a little bit easier for you and you find time to start enjoying yourself again with sewing and friendships

Marlene said...

Hi Ester, yes, sometimes life just gets in the way. Sending you best wishes, lovely that you have your stitching somewhere at the back of your mind to keep you going!
Xxxx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

I hope things get better for you Ester. Life seems to take us into the valleys sometimes but know that there are mountains waiting for you too. Take one day at a time. Hopefully you will squeak in a little 'me' time and do some stitching. Good Luck!

Susan said...

Ester - sorry tp hear your life has had all thee hiccups - hopet hings are improving - we will be here to see your blocks when you get there.

Chookyblue...... said...

come on Ester..........I do hope we see some progress soon.......I had a bit of a block on the blanket stitch to start too but once I got going I could not stop.........loved it.......if the blanket stitch is an issue do chain or something else like some of the other girls..........goodluck..........